Presenting you with a great way to eat your protein in a baked form. Apples are not only good sources of dietary fiber but iron as well. Leave behind your boring protein shake and try something new and out of the box.
1). 1 medium cup of Whole Oats
2). 1 medium Apple (remove core and chop)
3). 1 scoop of MightyX Gold Whey Protein
4). Cinnamon to Taste
- Pre-heat the oven
- Prepare the crust for pie by rolling out ready-made dough for pie and place it carefully in a lined tin and make small holes by the help of a fork.
- Bake blind the crust at 200°C.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool.
- For Filling: Boil 200ml of water in a pan. Add 1 cup of whole oats and stir continuously till the lumps disappear.
- When oatmeal is ready, add protein powder, chopped apple and cinnamon in the mixture.
- Add little hot water if required to reach the correct consistency. Please note that the mixture should neither be grainy nor should it have a dripping consistency.
- Once ready add the mixture to the cooled crust.
- Roll out remaining dough and cut out equally spaced strips.
- Place the strips on top of the pie mix to make it resemble a lattice structure.
- Brush with egg white or milk.
- Bake the pie at 210°C.
- Remove and leave to cool for a while.
- Serve with caramel sauce.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
- Energy: 390 kcal
- Protein: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 64g
- Fat: 4g
Health Benefits of Apple Pie Protein Oatmeal
- Enjoy the goodness of an apple pie moulded as a breakfast cereal which provides you with all the essential nutrients to kick start your day.
- This Pie is very palatable and will help you to sustain till lunch time.
- Baked Pies give you the chance to play with your ingredients and the most wonderful thing is that you can limit the amount of butter you add.
- It is always possible to modify the recipe and make it a savoury one with lots of fresh veggies and you can consume it in your lunch time along with a bowl of salad.
- Other fruits such as banana, grapes, kiwi and strawberry can be used to make a fruit pie.
- Do not remove the skin of the apple as it would reduce the fiber content of the dish.
- Whenever possible, try to use fresh and seasonal fruits and vegetables for a pie.
- Tip: Do not forget to pre-heat your oven :)
PIE IS NOT 3.14159 - TEAM NUTRIFYT