Something is missing after your workouts?
You are exhausted and your muscles are screaming for nourishment and they are primed for nutrient delivery and absorption. The post-workout period is one of the most crucial opportunities for elevating protein synthesis and maximizing growth and recovery.
Whey Protein Isolate
- Whey protein isolate is the ideal post-workout protein source.
- It absorbs at a moderate 8-10 grams per hour, so a 20-30 grams shake will raise amino acids quickly and keep them elevated for about 2-3 hours.
- Research suggests that the faster you can raise blood amino acids post-workout, the greater the anabolic response.
- Whey protein isolate is ideal for recovery, as it contains high levels of BCAAs and promotes a spike in blood insulin levels post-workout.
- Elevating insulin post-workout enables greater shuttling of glycogen and nutrients into fatigued muscle, promoting faster and greater recovery.
- While some lifters suggest taking fast sugar sources to boost insulin after training, this approach is unnecessary if you use a quality whey protein isolate.
But how to use?
For best results, take 20-30 grams of whey protein isolate immediately after training.
Oh Yes! Protein is indeed important.