Posted By 0 Comment(s) 665 View(s) BodyBuilding
Are you Hydrated Enough?
- The body consists of 60 % water and other minerals such as sodium, potassium, magnesium and calcium.
- When the body sweats, many important minerals are lost. Most importantly, the extracellular and the intracellular fluids: sodium and potassium chloride.
- While doing any physical activity, the body temperature increases above the normal temperature (37°C), the body tries to cool itself. This mechanism happens when the body sweats.
- The higher the intensity of the exercise, the more the body temperature increases and the more you sweat.
- As we discussed, the body loses fluids when it sweats. If these fluids are not replaced back, the body goes in a state of dehydration.
- Dehydration is the result of loss of water and fluids from the body.
Signs and Symptoms of Dehydration
- Dry mouth
- Muscle Cramps
- Increased body temperature as a result of decreased blood flow to the skin
- Heat Strokes
- Decreased concentration
- Decreased performance
TO AVOID THESE SYMPTOMS, CONSUME 2-3 LITERS OF WATER DAILY