We are all aware of this 3-in-one amino acid supplement. BCAAs known as Branched Chain Amino Acids are the simplest form of protein and it gets absorbed in minimum time. It consists of 3 amino acids in varying ratios: Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine.
These 3 amino acids are the essential amino acids which are vital for the body but the body does not synthesize them. It is therefore necessary to obtain these amino acids by the diet or otherwise supplementation.
There are many functions of BCAAs. Few of them are:
- It helps to reduce muscle soreness
- It prepares the body for the next workout
- It fulfills the requirement of essential amino acid profile in the body.
- Aids in protein synthesis.
- Provides instant energy during workouts.
- Leucine being the most important amino acid of all helps in the production of proteins by boosting the synthesis of muscles and thus muscle gain can occur at a faster rate.
- It is however necessary to know the ratio of BCAAs before you consume them. A ratio of 2:1:1 of Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine is perfect for avoiding soreness in the muscles. MightyX BCAA K5 is a perfect blend of the 3 musketeers’ amino acids.
When to consume BCAAs?
We have read everywhere about what BCAAs do but the confusing question still rewinds in our mind: when to consume it?
Dear Readers, we remove your confusions today.
BCAAs as mentioned have several functions that of reducing muscle soreness, helping in protein production and preventing muscle breakdown. These functions are themselves enough to use this supplement both pre and post workout.
Let us find out how-
The Function of BCAA Pre-Workout
When BCAAs are consumed pre-workout (let us say 30-45 minutes before the workout), they are readily absorbed by the intestines and go straight to the liver. The liver is the decision maker. It is the sole organ which decides what to do with the absorbed amino acids.
There are two options here:
- To use the amino acids as a source of fuel and provide instant energy to the body.
- Secondly to spare the amino acids for the repair and building of muscles when required.
Therefore the BCAA ingestion mechanism explains clearly that if the latter is consumed pre-workout, it will reduce the muscle breakdown.
The Function of BCAA Post-Workout
Well, the only things we can feel after a strenuous workout is extreme pain in the calves and sometimes muscle soreness. This is because muscles have broken down and it needs immediate repair to avoid any injuries for the next workout.
After workouts, the process of muscle synthesis is much less than muscle breakdown. Therefore, the requirements of amino acids are high during this time. If BCAAs are taken post workout, then it would reduce the muscle breakdown and help in the repair and thus helping in further muscle synthesis. If your goal is muscle gain, then you should consume BCAAs both pre and post workouts for maximum benefits.
YOUR ULTIMATE DRINK IS BCAA- TEAM NUTRIFYT
Shettigere village chickkaballlapura taluk karanataka
Leave a Comment