This small ride is about your strength training routine. It is important for you to build a strong foundation for the difficult workout sessions you will eventually do. This type of training removes all your fears and makes you realise that you can turn, twist and rotate your body the way you want. So, now, tone your body from head to toe with simple exercises designed to safely work several muscle groups at once. These workouts are to be performed individually for about 30 seconds.
- An exercise mat
- One set of 2.5-5 kg dumbbells
Vital Point: It is a thumb rule to do warm ups before starting any form of exercise to warm up your muscles and get set for your harsh routine.
- Rotate your arms in circles both clockwise and anticlockwise. This form of exercise is to warm up your shoulders.
- Perform a side plank by bending your left hand on the floor and tilting your entire body in the same direction while slightly lifting the body. Do the same for the right hand. This exercise helps to wake up your abs.
- Single-leg bridges: Lie down on the floor with your stomach facing the roof. Place your hands on each side and lift your body to an inclined angle of 45 degree while lifting only one leg and the other is bent to the ground. Hold there for 30 seconds to 60 seconds and repeat the same with the other leg. This exercise helps to shape your glutes.
- Finish off with a Spiderman Stretch: Bend your left legs completely till it reaches the same level as your chest and stretch the other leg to the other direction. Try to touch your hands to the floor parallel to the bent leg. Stay in this position for 30-45 seconds and repeat the same with the other leg. Now, all your muscles are active and you can start off with your strength training.
The Strength Training You Need Is Here
Quads – Squats, lunges, one legged squats, box jumps.
Benefit: It helps to reduce your thighs and shape up your glutes. It would be best to hold in the squat/lung/box jump position for at least 45 seconds to start seeing the effects in the body.
Butt and Hamstrings – hip raises, deadlifts, straight leg deadlifts, good mornings, step ups.
Benefit: These exercises work both your upper and lower body. Hip raises strengthen your core and reduces back pains if done properly. While attempting dead lifts, please make sure to be under guidance to avoid unforeseen injuries. Step ups are always thigh reducing exercises and a minimum of 100 steps to 500 can be done to reduce the thighs.
Push (chest, shoulders, and triceps) – overhead press, bench press, incline dumbbell press, push ups, dips.
Benefit: These exercises push you beyond your limits to shape up your shoulders, legs and glutes. If push ups are easy for you, you can attempt to place weights on your back to push yourself further. Evidently, if you do not follow the rule of being under supervision, you might be the sufferer.
Pull (back, biceps, and forearms) – chin ups, pull ups, bodyweight rows, dumbbell rows.
Benefit: Now you are attempting upper body exercises. This will form your shoulders, abs and your core. Remember to never give up.
Core (abs and lower back) – planks, side planks, exercise ball crunches, mountain climbers, jumping knee tucks, hanging leg raises.
Benefit: core exercises are meant to shed the extra fat you have accumulated overtime. These are easy but very effective for your entire body. If you might have noticed, core exercises boost your immune system by increasing your BMR and make you feel lighter, happier and healthier than before.
Pick one exercise from each category above for a workout, and you will end up working almost every single muscle in your body. What are you waiting for? Start with the No.1 exercise right away!
Your Nutritional Requirement for Strength Training:
Now that you have performed strength training exercises, you must have realised that your muscles feel sore and tired. They are screaming for nutrients.
But which one? The answer is protein for muscle repair.
You can use some protein supplements along with healthy diet to ensure your protein fulfilment for the day. The best type of protein will be whey protein blend: 100% Whey Protein. Consume 2 scoops per day and you will gradually increase your workout performance and reach your target faster.
HAPPY STRENGTH TRAINING- TEAM NUTRIFYT